Saturday, October 3, 2009

Money

Money is something that I need a whole lot of. I'm not the kind of person who saves money well. (I have other strengths.) I buy clothes, jewelry, and all kinds of stuff. I also want to get Desi a nice Christmas present. Us three girls take turns having each other and I have Desi. (We drew names the first year, but now we like having a different person each year. )

Anyway, in the last 2 times I went to clothes stores I spent over $100! I was kind of worried! I did have my Sunshine money for this season, but I had spent it all. I didn't have a way to make money. Even if the lawn mowing season wasn't almost over, I still wouldn't want to mow lawns. If you haven't ever mowed lawns all day long in the heat than you're lucky! I don't think I was meant to be a landscaper like my Dad.

Yesterday I found out something I was meant to be!

I was at school for band and choir. Dad said that if I wanted to make some money I could type out a bunch of names, phone numbers, email addresses, and focus individuals for PBS. I did it. I was surprised at how much I liked doing it. Some of the people on there had really crazy handwriting. I had to decide and figure out what it said. It reminded me of indexing.

Later on last night Dad wanted me to work some more. It was even more fun. I got to copy out a typed page about one of Dad's PBS kids. Then I got to listen to a recorder that Dad had talked into. It was also about PBS. Now I feel like I know all about some of Dad's PBS kids.

Dad says that he has lots more things he wants me to do. I'm like his new PBS secretary. Being a secretary is a lot of fun! Plus I now have money for Desi's Christmas present.

(I have a good idea about it too!)

2 comments:

Thelma said...

That is wonderful that you found a happy way to make money. I'm proud of you.

I don't blame you about mowing lawns. One summer I chopped burdock for Great Grandpa Dahl...I HATED it. I was not meant for manual labor!

Camille said...

I hear you on the lawn mowing! I grew up on only a third of an acre, but every Saturday we kids took turns mowing it.

I was toiling in the heat and suddenly looked up to see my friend (who has never cut a blade of grass in her life) laughing hysterically at me.

You and I both know there is nothing funny about mowing lawns!