Saturday, November 14, 2009

Now I Know Why

Sometimes during long, boring 4-H meetings or hot cemetery cleanups, I ask myself, "Why did I join 4-H?"


Sometimes during hard basketball practices when I'm tired and our coach is yelling at us, I think, "Why am I doing basketball again?"

Sometimes when I get long and really hard, depressing piano lessons, I wonder, "Why do I have to do this everyday?"


Well now I know why!

On Thursday, after finishing watching Up, I put on a white shirt and a 4-H tie. I went to the 4-H Achievement Night. It was so nice! There are a ton of new members! It was so much fun. All the old officers had note cards with parts that we had to say on them. First we welcomed the new members (and Liberty). There are a ton! We had parts that tell about the purpose of 4-H, the motto, the colors, and all that jazz. Then we thanked all of the 4-H leaders. They (my mom too) got mugs filled with candy. Someone gave Tammy flowers. Then the new officers were welcomed in. Desi got Vice President! I am the new president. I'm kind of scared though. At the end we did a drawing. Every member from the old year got a prize. I got a green reading light. Desi got a pink hat that says 4-H. It was great. Then we had carrot cake! Hooray! That, my friends, is why I am in 4-H.

Today I got up early! (again!) I put on basketball shorts and a white T-shirt. About a half hour later I stepped onto a school bus full of Junior High basketball stars. (sort of, that might be exaggerating) On the bus we talked and left and went over basketball plays. We eventually stopped at Adobe Middle School were we put on Orange jerseys that say Wells. Mine also said 25. Then we went out and cheered (a lot and loudly) while the boys won against Wendover boys. After that we played West Wendover girls. We won! It was exciting. I didn't play that much, (there are 19 girls on our team) but it was fun. We won! Olivia came to that game. My mom went to both of my games. Then the boys lost to Owyhee. It was tragic, and Owyhee only had five players. It was kind of unfair because one of them was huge and looked like he was a senior! We again cheered a lot. Then we played 5 girls from Owyhee. I was a starter and I made a basket! We actually got an offense to work during that game! We beat them. It was so great. That is exactly why I play basketball!

A long time ago Travis Myers told me that I should learn to play Jessica's Theme. I said ok. We got it off the Internet and it was HARD! I played for months and it was really hard. I almost stopped, but finally (because I have this amazing piano teacher, you may have heard of her, Coralee Dahl) I learned to play it. A few weeks ago I played it for Travis after Sunshine Generation. I didn't even use music. It makes me happy to play it now. The is the answer. That's way I play the piano.

So now you know!

p.s. I wonder if I will ever see the positive results of getting braces. (They were hurting a lot and I can't eat very well.) I probably will though. Hey, I think of one already. They look really cool! I have pink rubber bands and a bright yellow retainer!

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Congratulations on all this goodness. 4-H president and beating Owyhee (and making a basket) and learning to play a hard song on the piano. You my dear are a super star! (Also a great writer.) Sorry about the braces. There is nothing good about braces except getting them off.

Camille said...

Yes, but they will come off one day! And until then you have cute pink stuff in your mouth, just like you said. Did you know that I had to get braces THREE times between junior high and my senior year in high school? It was awful, but that means I got to have them taken off three times too. There's nothing else in the world like it. You'll love it when it happens to you. Do you know how much longer you have to wait?

Clarissa Johnson said...

I'm not sure. I have to wait until more baby teeth on the bottom fall out then I have to get braces on the bottom too. Thanks for commenting. I love comments! They make me happy!

Thelma said...

I'm leaving another test message. Are you sick of me yet?