Friday, June 19, 2009

Surprizes!

My last few weeks have definately been full of surprizes. The first one was when I arrived at Girl's Camp and it was pouring rain. We set up ok and I did have an amazing time at Girl's Camp. Here are some of the surprizes about it.



Our skit was kind of lame. Oh well.



A lot of girls came. Even Olivia Taylor came. It was great.



We roasted everything on the planet at our ward campfire. Some things were bananas, apples, gummy bears, chocolate, sticks, hot chocolate, and coconut. It was crazy.




Our tent was a huge disaster and I had to help Olivia and Chelsea to keep there area clean quite a lot. ( Ok maybe that isn't such a surprize.)



Our five mile hike was easier than I expected. We actually only went three and three-fourths of a mile.



I felt the Spirit so strong, probably more than I expected.



I got a microphone and hosted a talk show starring Emily and Chelsea.



I inherited our mailbox. It is a real toilent. Lindsey gave it to me.




I had a wonderful time. (Ok that actually isn't too surprizing. )



Here are some Girl's Camp pictures.






Chelsea and Emily in our tent. I was going to put other pictures on here too but I tried to load another and it took all night and still wasn't done. I finally gave up. Oh well.
Well I finally got home from Girl's Camp, washed my clothes, took a shower, took a nap, and I was off again to Washington D. C. It was amazing. I got to see a lot of awesome things and I did pretty well at the History Day. I didn't get to go on to the finals but I think I did all right. Here are some surprizing (or just exciting) things about Washington D. C.
The metro is loud.
Mount Vernon is really cool.
Dorthy's ruby slippers and Abraham Lincoln's top hat are at the Museum of American History.

If you get to Washington D.C. really late at night and you are hungry, walk through the drive through at Taco Bell if they let you. They let us.
If it is rainy and cold in Washington D.C. and you already bought a T-shirt that says I heart D.C. the day before, buy a sweatshirt any way. You just have to be careful. Everyone in Washington D.C. will have the same sweatshirt.

If you walk a lot in Washington D.C. than you WILL get tired.

If you happen to eat at the "America" resaurant at Union Station get Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Washington D.C. is a wonderful place but you will be so happy to be home.

No comments: