Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This blog starts with Mom than quickly goes off subject. Sorry Mom

I asked my mom what I should write about.


"Your beautiful mother," she immediately answered. I knew she would say something like that. She is very beautiful. I am so excited. I got a picture on here. Here she is.


Here is something about her, she is going to be in a play. Actually our whole family is except Morgan, Lina, and maybe Hyrum. I am so excited. The play is called Forlorn Hope. It's a musical about the Donner Party. (I know Thelma, nothing screams musical like the Donner Party. Did you know that Mom is telling everyone in the world that you said that?)


I was really excited when I found out that the main character of the play is a 14 year old girl. I thought that maybe I could get that part. Unfortunately another girl already got it. She is really short and has a soft voice. It is sad. Oh well.


We went to play practice yesterday. It was a lot of fun when we tried out. Today the director called us and told us our parts.


Hyrum (if he ends up doing the play) will be an extra. Liberty will be Virginia's(the one girl I told you about) little sister. Her name is Patty and she has kind of a lot of lines and a singing solo. Isn't that exciting! Desi's part is to be Virginia's best friend Leanna. Mom will probably be Mary Todd Lincoln.


Desi learned about her in school. She was short and plump. That's funny, but do you know what is even more funny? If Dad were Abraham Lincoln. It would be really hilarious. The lady just said that I would be a grownup. The other lady said I would be a newlywed. I am excited. We will have so much fun.


Now that you know about our exciting play you can come and watch it. It's the second week in August. It will be great.

4 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

This isn't Clarissa. For some reason, Thelma's blogs allow anonymous posts and Clarissa's don't. Anyway, I just wanted to agree that you do have a very beautiful mom!! Signed, anonymous

Melanee said...

I'm excited that you will all be gracing the stage together. I hope that Ammon and I will be able to be around when the performances are taking place. We will have to time our doctor's appointment around that time so that we will be too close to miss out. I'm excited to see it if we can. Good luck getting ready.

Thelma said...

Clarissa Clarissa. I love to read the blog of my talented niece. (I'm also glad my computer tells me I misspell niece every time so I can fix it.) I am excited about your play. That sounds great. I think Marianne would be dashing short and plump. And she is beautiful. Like her daughters. And her sisters. Well maybe that's pushing it.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Jennifer said...

How exciting that I'll get to be close enough to watch the performance! I'm excited to see your beautiful mother short & plump and I'm excited to watch my talented nieces perform finally.