Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Washington Adventures

Day One

Goodbye house, I said to myself as my family's black Expedition got on the road heading towards Wells. We were on our way. Mom had bought each kid a notebook to write about the trip in and we had each promised not to fight the whole trip. We were excited to get to the Davises house the next.

Day Two

Excitement of sitting in the car was fading fast, but still no one had fought. I passed the time by staring out my window. The closer we got to Everett the more green everything was and the more trees there were. There were also a lot of bodies of water. Everyone was so ready to get there and I was dying to get to see Wicked. Later that day we finally made it. Braeden was standing out side waiting for us. I couldn't believe we had made it! That night we saw Wicked. It was just as amazing as before! I cried just as much as last time.

Day Three

I woke up a little groggy that morning. After Wicked (which ended pretty late anyway) we had stayed up even later talking. When we finally got up and ate breakfast we headed towards this hike the Davises knew. It lead to ice caves. It was really cool. That night we went to Alfy's pizza restaurant with the Davises friends the Jorgensons. They were really nice.

Day Four

We played the greatest game. It was called settlers of Catan. I lost but I was the only one who wanted to play again. I really liked it. That afternoon we went swimming in a river at the church ranch for the Davises stake. It was freezing water, but I got used to it and had a really great time. That night the older cousins and their Dad's went to go visit Adams parents. They were really nice. There was a BYU football game going, but us girls went and played outside.

Day Five

We were going to go to church but Lina got the stomach flu. (I have it now. I am feeling better though. I could be at mutual but I'm sick. It's sad.) Anyway Mom and Dad decided to just leave when we got up. It was really sad. All of us cousins tried to come up with scemes to let us stay longer or have the Davises come home with us. None of them worked however. We drove all day (It was not the best of days and the little kids fought a liitle) and slept in Boise.

Day Six

We woke up and swam in our hotel pool. It was fun. Then we drove home! It was SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO nice to be home. I love it at home. I'm so glad that I live here and don't have to drive all the time!

2 comments:

Melanee said...

It's amazing how much fun a good road trip can be, but it is still always the best to get home. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed when you have been away for a while. It was fun to read about your trip. I'm glad you guys had a good time. I am sad we didn't get to see you this last weekend though. I guess you'll just have to come visit me after the baby is born.

Camille said...

Hey Clarissa! Thanks for writing about your trip. It sounds like so much fun!