Sunday, April 19, 2009

Band

A lot of people don't like band. At least in Wells, Nevada, anyway. We've had a few hard years. But I do!!! We have a very small band, but it is probably the best band in the world. I think so anyway! The history of our band goes like this.



2007, Mr. Butcher was our teacher. He was a really good teacher. I really liked him. The trouble is that he was a little too nice. He let everyone do whatever they wanted. Quite a few people quit band.




2008, Mr Rorex was our teacher. He was really good at playing the electric guitar. He taught us kind of weird songs like Ghost Riders in the Sky. He wasn't that good of a teacher. Quite a few people quit band.



2009, (That is this year if you haven't looked at your calender lately.) Mr. Roberson is our teacher. He is the greatest teacher! He makes us work hard. We do really good. He has us do practice sheets. We have to practice music 100 minutes a week. We are really good. We have a small band, but it is the most energenic band ever. We have the funnest music. We work hard, but it is so fun.



Today we moved into the auditorium so we can get used to performing in a large room. We are going to the band festival next Wednesday. We are so ready.

We are playing three songs that we have been working on so hard. They are Marche Militaire, Ancient Voices, and Monolith. Ancient Voices is the absolute best one. It sounds so good. I feel so happy. I'm probably kind of bragging. Oh well. It's probably alright.

I love band!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Clarissa Johnson said...

I can't believe said funnest! I am terrible. I guess I didn't have that weird thing I have about most fun anymore.