Saturday, August 8, 2009

Making a Decision

If you know me, then you know that I am terrible at making decisions. Oh well. I have other strengths. But some decisions come with deadlines. Those are the kind I hate.

I needed to decide if was going to public school in 8th grade or not. I had to know a little bit before school started, right? Well, I had just kept on putting it off all summer. Then on Sunday Mom told me I had to decide today. I was fasting about it too.

First I made a Pros and Cons list. I thought about going. What is 8th grade like at Wells High School anyway? I know what 7th grade is like, but is 8th grade different. Well I read a book by John Bytheway called You're Gonna Make it Though Junior High. He said that 8th grade was the worst year of his life. Well that was very encouraging. I just really wanted to go to band and choir.

I also thought about staying home. I could sleep in. That is definitely a pro. I also wanted to have more time to play the piano and play and run. Mom also says we can make a quilt.

I decided that I wanted to stay home.

I prayed about it. It made me cry. I am now going to stay home! I'm excited!

(See, I can make decisions!)

No comments: